The HCG diet is one of the best, safest and fastest means to lose considerable weight within a short span of time. It has benefitted numerous people suffering from obesity across the globe and today is hailed as one of the most effective weight loss treatments available. However, the secret behind the success of the diet is to follow a strict list of food items and maintaining the schedule. Let us check out what are the food items that are allowed during the HCG diet.
Which food items are approved for HCG diet?
The HCG diet plan is split up into three phases. Food items allowed in the three different phases differ as per the calorie and fat requirement. Let us take a closer look at the various food items allowed in the different phases of the diet.
The first phase comprises of stacking up the body with fat and carbohydrates. This stage is continued for the initial two days. The diet will include all types of food with high-fat content. Some of the items allowed during this stage are dairy items, butter, egg, avocado, nuts, yogurt, and other such items. Basically, the person is asked to eat as much high-fat food as possible.
Those who are already suffering from obesity and have high-fat content in the body consider this initial two days as unnecessary. On the contrary, it is quite critical. You will have to continue taking the HCG diet drops or injections, as per the instruction, during this stage as well. And, there is no way you can skip this stage at any cost. You will have to stack up your body with fresh fat in order to allow the body to burn the unnecessary fat in the later stage.
The second phase is the one where the actual cutting down of the carbohydrates and fat happens and the body is forced to start using the unnecessary fat stored within. The HCG hormone intake is continued at this stage at regular intervals. The calorie count is reduced to 500 calories only, which is similar to causing starvation. However, the HCG hormones do not allow the body to starve and provides necessary energy while maintaining the metabolism level too.
You may check out Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Hormones to know more about the HCG hormones and its function.
In breakfast, you may have tea or coffee, but without sugar and you will be able to have only one tablespoon of milk for the entire day. It is up to you if you wish to make the morning tea or coffee with this milk. Those who have too much difficulty with having tea or coffee without any sugar can go for the natural sweetener.
For the lunch and dinner, you are allowed to have 100 grams of meat. It can be one of the following meat or similar items –
- chicken breast,
- lobster, crab or shrimp,
- fresh white fish,
- 3 egg whites along with 1 whole egg,
- Cottage cheese without fat.
You can choose one vegetable from the following list:
- green salad
- red radish
You should not mix up two types of vegetables during one meal. However, you can have a reasonable amount of vegetables.
This phase will last depending on the weight you are considering to lose. The higher the weight you are planning to shed, the longer the duration is going to be. Generally, a 20-day span is good enough for most people to get into shape and burn all the excess fat. The low-calorie intake increases the need for the body to start utilizing the fat stored in the body to function, and thus, your body itself uses up the fat stored as supplement which was causing the obesity. Never forget to take the HCG hormones as prescribed and you will ensure that you do not feel fatigued even with the low-calorie intake.
This phase is basically ending the diet finally. It lasts typically for the last 3 days of the entire diet when you stop taking the HCG hormones. It takes the body about 3 days to flush out all the hormones, which you have been taking, from the system. However, the 500 calorie protocol is continued and this conditions your body to control the food craving even without the help of the HCG hormones. This allows you to move on to a natural diet once the HCG diet schedule is complete.
After the final day of HCG diet plan, you will increase your calorie content and make it natural. It should be kept at 1500 calories per day. This is good enough for the body to function without any problem. You should be able to realize by now that it is possible to cut down the intake of the harmful fatty and high-cholesterol food. Also, high-carbohydrate food should be avoided as much as possible.
What do you need to remember?
There are a few things that should be kept in mind when you are planning on adopting the HCG diet plan for weight loss.
- This diet plan is carefully crafted to allow you to lose as much weight as possible within the shortest possible time. However, this is not something that you can plan on your own. You will have to get in touch with a proper weight loss clinic or a professional who will be able to help you formulate the right diet plan. Without that, neither will you get the genuine prescription HCG drops or injections, nor will you be able to actually manage to continue the diet. It will even put your body at risk since such low-calorie diet essentially starves the body without the HCG hormones and thus will result in muscle mass loss, which is extremely harmful to the body.
- The diet should be continued only with the real HCG hormones. You will have to locate a real supplier of prescription HCG drops or injections.
- There is no cheat day in the HCG diet schedule. Every time you cheat even a bit and divert from the schedule, you are putting your entire program back by about 7 days. It is better to find some great recipe using the approved food items and you will not have to consider cheating on the diet. You can find some great recipe and cooking ideas for anyone who is following the HCG diet on HCGdiet.com.
- The HCG diet is not meant to be continued indefinitely. Do not simply take up the diet casually. It should only be done under professional supervision and should not be continued beyond the set point.
- You cannot go back to having excessive fat food and any other unhealthy diet. In that case, you will again start gaining weight and will be back to square one.
The HCG diet has helped many across the globe. It can help you too. All you need to have is the determination to go through this as asked. This is no miracle cure. You need to be patient and careful about what you are eating. Also, put a check on your food intake post the diet. If you get back to having all the high-fat food after completing the HCG diet, there is no point in going through this diet anyway. You will again gain all the unhealthy fat. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important and it will allow you to remain in shape.